The Live Like Lou Foundation is pleased to announce that applications are open for its Postdoctoral Fellowship Program.
The Live Like Lou Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is intended to encourage and expand the number of investigators conducting innovative neurodegenerative disease research aimed at finding treatments or cures for ALS. The 2023 program will award up to two emerging scientists with an interest in ALS, who are in the early stages of postdoctoral training at an R1 level institutional research laboratory or research environment.
Funding and Eligibility
- Up to $75,000 per year, for up to two years. Indirect costs are not allowable for postdoctoral fellowship awards. Funds may be used to assist in underwriting salary expenses.
- Applicants should be a member of a research team at an R1 level research institution and be qualified to conduct original research under the supervision of an independent Principal Investigator who will serve as a mentor.
- Eligible applicants should have successfully completed no more than 36 months of postdoctoral research training at the time the award starts.
- Preliminary data obtained through the applicant's own efforts is not required but could be helpful in better understanding the research aims.
- March 19, 2023—Application due
- May 2023—Anticipated award decision
We are interested in awarding Fellowships supporting the following:
- Studies identifying and validating new targets in animal and human cell models.
- Studies elucidating disease pathophysiology and therapeutic mechanisms of action, including defining upstream/downstream modifiers and convergence of promising target pathways.
- Studies identifying new biomarkers, as well as the development and/or validation of biomarker assays.