As the Live Like Lou Foundation strives to maximize its impact on ALS research, we seek a Scientific Director to oversee and manage our ALS research programs. Working with the Live Like Lou Foundation Executive Director, this position plays an integral role in achieving Live Like Lou’s strategic research priority—invest in people, places, and discoveries that will lead to tomorrow’s trials, treatments, and cures for ALS.
The Scientific Director will:
- Assist in generating and executing Live Like Lou’s ALS research program strategic direction in partnership with the Scientific Research Committee and in support of the Board of Trustees.
- Develop and share ALS research insights.
- Lead activities to ensure Live Like Lou ALS research impact including oversight of research grant processes, events, volunteer recruitment/engagement, and partnerships.
Live Like Lou’s Scientific Director will be supported by its Program and Engagement Director who:
- Develops and maintains the master calendar of research program activities.
- Generates and distributes agendas and background materials for meetings.
- Provides SRC meeting minutes.
- Runs the day-to-day operations of annual grants review and award processes.
- Manages logistics for all Live Like Lou scientific symposiums, workshops, and events.
- Assists with assessing and measuring research program objectives and impact.
For a full position description and additional details, please click here.
Interested candidates should provide a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to Wendy Faust, Executive Director, by October 29.